Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Jingle All the Way


I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle...

Went shopping with my wife this morning, and I was fine 'til we got to the hot dog section. Then it happened. The Armour hot dog song started banging around in my head, but all I could remember was:

Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs

And that was all I could get. I knew the tune, but couldn't come up with the rest of the lyrics. That was frustrating. Doubly so for Wendy, as she had to listen to me sing: "Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs."

Fortunately (for me, not for her), I saw the Oscar Mayer dogs, and pretty well know that one by heart. Come on, gang, sing it with me. Here 'tis:

I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Wiener
That is what I truly wish to be
'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer Wiener
Everyone would be in love with me


She bought Field Hot Dogs.

And, speaking of jingles, I always figured the TV show Lassie should've had lyrics, so I came up with some. If the show ever comes back, I'm ready. They're sung to The Brady Bunch theme:

Here's the story
Of a boy named Timmy
And he fell down a very deep well
Then along came
A dog named Lassie
And everything was swell

You're welcome.

Keep writing, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, all I had to read is the first line and the whole Armour jingle came to me after 40-50 years of not hearing it. Talk about an earworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean. All I had to do was see the label, and there it was. :-)

      Delete

Hi, folks. Tom here. I wish to encourage open, friendly conversation on my blog. I would love to hear from you.

I am a bit slow at times, so please check back. I will respond to your comments.