Friday, June 2, 2017

We've Only Covered How Many of 400 Miles?

Kentucky Fudge Company in Harrodsburg, Kentucky
Well, we had to make all these stops. Yard sales, you see.

Like a good story, yesterday's road trip had a beginning, middle, and end. We kicked things off with breakfast in Nicholasville, Kentucky yesterday, before hitting our first stop on the 400 Mile Yard Sale. We all love these Mom-and-Pop diners where the waitresses call you darlin', the coffee is first-rate, and so is the breakfast. And as my wife knows, I do love breakfast. Can't recall the name of the place at the moment, but I'll find it and update my post. They actually had fried bologna. Guilty pleasure of mine.

From there, it was time to seek out bargains. We didn't know at first, but we had to zag a bit to get over to US 68, where the yard sales were, but that wasn't a problem.

First stop on the US68 400 mile yard sale
Our first stop for the four of us (Wendy, myself, and our friends Pat, and Gayl) was near Wilmore, Kentucky. We pulled off the road onto a gravel lane where all the tents and people waited for us. And this was one of our favorite places, mainly due to a young guy working at one of the tents with his father. I guess he was about 10, maybe 11, and just a hoot of a personable salesman. "How are you folks today?" he asked, all bright with smiles. "I'll make you a good deal on some items." Well, how could we resist that charm? Also, stuff was priced to sell. Most items were a buck or less, so, yeah, we made a couple of trips back-and-forth to the CR-V.

Stay tuned for more about the sale in the next couple of days.

Keep writing, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, folks. Tom here. I wish to encourage open, friendly conversation on my blog. I would love to hear from you.

I am a bit slow at times, so please check back. I will respond to your comments.