Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Lookin' Out My Basement Window

How about that? Bananas do grow in Kentucky
And that's why I don't write songs. Sorry, John Fogerty. Actually, I should've written 'back window', but it's not. And it just now made me think of a line from a Beatles song, "She came in through the bathroom window."

Okay, enough rambling. I had no ideas for this post today, so I figured if I just started writing, something would happen.

Took me a couple of months, but I finally got my desk turned around so I'm looking out my basement window. Don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Now, I have a much better view that looking up and seeing the television, or a wall. I recommend everyone set up their writing areas so they can see some bit of outside.

I see my birds and squirrels and chipmunks carrying on. There's shadow and light. Some of the leaves brightly lit. There's a blackbird walking over the rocks I need to use to complete my pathway. He's staring at something on the ground. There's color now, our orange daylilies blooming, and impatiens, red and orange, growing in our head pot (or pot head). Our concrete Rin Tin Tin silently guards our rock path, waiting for Rusty. A blue jay just made a strafing run toward the feeder.

And then there's our odd couple--our tall Thai goddess beside our gnome, with a lamb and rabbit for company. We keep thinking the goddess and gnome will run off together sometime, but still they remain. Ah, just now a sparrow landed in the patio outside my window. Thought something was food, but it wasn't.

Yes, this is so much better than TV.

Keep writing, friends.

2 comments:

Hi, folks. Tom here. I wish to encourage open, friendly conversation on my blog. I would love to hear from you.

I am a bit slow at times, so please check back. I will respond to your comments.