Saturday, May 6, 2017

And Chaos was His Name-o

Ray Bradbury used to say (at least I think it was him) that whenever he needed a story idea, he looked around his office and picked up some random object, a personal treasure, and that would fire up the story-generator. Okay, Ray, perhaps that worked for you, but for me, I need to minimize the number of objects around me. I have more than enough cluttered chaos floating around in my noggin. Plenty of ideas up here, I just need to focus enough to get them on the laptop, then complete the damn things.

Here's an example: I wrote the above paragraph in my notebook last night. By hand. On paper. And I immediately thought of hitting the Alt key, then F, and S to save what I'd just written. See what I mean? Chaos.

Keep writing chaotically, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Have a Kindle e book I use sometimes. You tap on the right side of the screen to go to the next page. In bed the other night reading a paper book and found myself tapping the right side of the page instead of turning the page.Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. What's wrong with this blasted book? Why won't the page turn? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, folks. Tom here. I wish to encourage open, friendly conversation on my blog. I would love to hear from you.

I am a bit slow at times, so please check back. I will respond to your comments.