Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Day!


Now, how many times does this happen for a writer? An actual snow day? One where you wake up in the morning and they tell me to stay home, the roads aren't safe, and they've shut down where I work? So, here I am, with the day stretched out before me, my brain and fingers ready to roll. A nice, long runway to let the words rip.

Thought I'd start things rolling with a quickie blog post, just to get myself going. Not sure how the weather is in your part of the world, but here's to hoping that if you are stuck inside, use this time to get some writin' done. These don't happen often, where you have no obligations, can't do anything else but write.

I sit here at the keyboard now, thoughts flying, watching the cardinals going after the sunflower seeds I put out for them. Wendy's writing and doing art upstairs. Barley and Guinness are asleep somewhere warm in the house. Bach is playing on the stereo...

Keep writing, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, folks. Tom here. I wish to encourage open, friendly conversation on my blog. I would love to hear from you.

I am a bit slow at times, so please check back. I will respond to your comments.