Sunday, January 31, 2016

Legacy Droppings


What's your legacy? What do you or will you leave behind?

Legacy is one of those words that has transformed, and not necessarily in a good way.

When I had been working in the computer field for a few years, I began hearing about legacy data. I didn't have a clue as to what my younger colleagues who tossed this word around were talking about or meaning. Came to find out it was their way of describing old, useless, or unneeded data. Or, sometimes they referred to legacy software--old software that, in their oft not-so-humble opinions shouldn't even be around.

Until they needed it. Like old programmers.

A legacy can be something that hangs around and holds back progress.

Or, it can be a body of work or knowledge that, if examined, could be quite useful. Like writing, and books, and cursive handwriting, just to mention a few things.

What will be our legacy as writers?

Keep writing, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, folks. Tom here. I wish to encourage open, friendly conversation on my blog. I would love to hear from you.

I am a bit slow at times, so please check back. I will respond to your comments.